EducationI graduated from the University of Minnesota - Duluth with a Master's of Science in Chemistry (4.0 GPA) and a Community College Teaching Certificate (CCTC).
ExperienceMy name is Scott and I am offering tutoring services in the areas of Mathematics and Chemistry. I have always had the desire to teach. I enjoy the opportunity to help people learn about math and science and watch them succeed. Currently, I am a high school math and science teacher and have a significant amount of experience tutoring, teaching, leading review sessions, and science outreach with students of all ages (4th grade to non-traditional college students). My experience is briefly summarized below.
- 1 year of experience teaching high school math and science coursework.
- 4 years experience as a tutor providing one on one tutoring services on a walk in basis.
- Tutor for Mathematics (Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus)
- Tutor for Chemistry (Introductory Chemistry, Organic Chemistry)
- CRLA certified (Critical Reading & Learning Association).
- 2 years experience teaching laboratory coursework in general and organic chemistry.
- Provided supplemental in class instruction and planned extracurricular material.
- Husky Science Volunteer providing hands on science experiments for elementary students.
HobbiesFirst of all I am a dad. When I'm not teaching or studying math an science I enjoy photography, writing music or playing at a local venue.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.